Thursday, March 8, 2012

the birthday cake adventure

Every year I get this grand illusion that I'm going to make my children's cakes.  I think, this year will be the year that it works.  I think, this year it will not look like a preschooler made the cake.  Every year, I am wrong.  But, I will keep trying and until they are too embarrassed to let the preschoolesque cakes be seen at their parties. I bake the cakes from scratch and I have now learned to make at least 2 because something will inevitably go wrong.  This year, my dad helped me pour them into a cupcake pan, loaf pan, and mini cupcake pan that we needed.  Lets just say that we were a little heavy handed and we ended up cleaning out the oven and starting over half way through.  Good times...

It's a John Deere tractor, can't you tell?  What makes it worse is that it isn't just for my 1 year old, but for my 31 year old husband.  He's so proud ...

What is this odd thing, Mommy?  

Maybe if I poke it a few times, I'll figure it out.

It's ok

Maybe better than ok

Yep, its fantastic!

Just in case you want to hire me for your parties.  Here is the fabulousness that we call birthday cakes...
The lady bug for A.'s first birthday

A monkey for A's second birthday.  I was actually pretty happy with this  but I made the  mouth out of the 1st cake that crumbled instead of coming out nice and pretty and round.

A.'s polkadot cake with the dripping icing.  Not cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment