Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hurricane irene

I know that Irene caused A LOT of damage for A LOT of people but, I love her.  For me, she was a welcome break from an extraordinarily busy week.  Here is a brief glimpse:
Monday: A started her new school
Tuesday: I volunteered for 4 hours at the consignment sale then started to prep for the 2 parties I was supposed to host this weekend
Wednesday: Work, consignment sale to find some great bargains (ps. bought both of the kids fall wardrobes for under $200, take that from the $160 that I earned and my kids are clothed for $40)
Thursday:  K. and I ran errands, cleaned, and started cooking for the parties.  I also stopped by the grocery store for some hurricane prep with my closest 200-300 friends.  This picture is actually the absence of grocery carts at the store.


A. made her preparations of flashlights hanging just where we can see them.  She actually walked around and tried every knob in the house until she found just the right spot.  There is actually still one remaining there "just in case"


Friday:  I finished cooking only to decide that Irene would prevent me from hosting the 3:00 baby shower on Saturday.  Bunko was still on though... So Friday night we had 10 lovely neighbors to my house for some wine, chatter, and double the food. 

So, when Saturday rolled around and I was told to stay in my house with my kids and my husband who came home early from work... I was elated.  Here is a chronicle for our perfect day:


A.  played my little ponies with Daddy until Daddy decided that was boring and he would be the pony instead. 

A. dressed herself in all stripes and endulged in "a few" cake balls that we made for the party. 


K. and I took a 2 hour nap together on the couch


K. learned to sit up


for about 30 seconds

Thank you Irene for such a wonderful relaxing family day.  We'll take you back but I'm sure I'm alone in those thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment