Wednesday, October 24, 2012

good morning sunshine

Another blog confession:  I HATE bed time.  There is a lot to do in a short amount of time I mean, we expect potty, brushing teeth, changing clothes etc all in a matter of a few minutes.  What kid transitions that easyily?  But, even though I know it's hard for everyone, I find myself frustrated EVERY night.  "A. brush your teeth."  "K. come here."  "A. brush your teeth." "K. come here."  I'm like an awful broken record.  Here is my solution...



Belle's first list

It started with snack, potty, night nights, and mommy medicine.  She added on face, book, and something else that I don't remember.  The point is, it worked. She was super excited to cross off her list and I was quiet and not yelling.  So much better.  Now, the only problem is that she wants a list for everything.  She wants one for her morning routine, for things to do before dinner.  Pretty much, I'm spending my time writing what we are doing instead of doing it. I'll chalk this up as a somewhat success.

As much as I hate bedtime, I LOVE the morning time.  My kids do wake up too early, but they are as sweet and as happy as can be.  A. wanders into my room and, though at least half of the king sized bed is available because B. leaves so early, she squeezes her body right next to mine.  She usually says, "Good morning, I had a good sleep."  On a good morning, when we don't have to rush around for work, she cuddles for 15 minutes then plays on my kindle for a few more before she forces my half asleep body to wake up and start the day.  She is also actually quite philosophical.  The other morning, we had a discussion about why Jesus walked around when he could fly up to heaven.  I mean, once you can ascend into heaven, what is the point of using your feet when you come back to earth.    

Her new morning routine, written on a list of course, is tea in the morning.  We start with tea in our big mugs.


Then, she insists on putting the tea into her tiny, tiny only 1 sip at a time mugs.  

  At least she shares with her brother.
My late riser- he usually gets up between 6:45 and 7.
 Then, they cuddle on the couch.
 See why mornings are so much better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment