Wednesday, July 18, 2012

up

My boy is a man of few words. 2 to be exact, up and mama.  "Up" is pretty convenient because it can mean pick me up, look up at the airplane, look up at the ceiling fan, go upstairs, or get me out of my crib.  'Mama" is any person including Daddy, Oma, Mama, his babysitter, and the stranger down the street.  This is a whole new ball game for us b/c A. was a really early talker.  She had 20 something signs and several words at this point in her life.  I bet this very talkative little girl is one of the reasons that K. is so quiet; he doesn't have a chance to talk.  The other reason is probably that his hearing was nonexistent for so long.  Anyway, it doesn't matter exactly why but he had a speech therapy screen the other day and he'll go in for the full evaluation later this month.  So, he might get a couple of hours completely dedicated to talking. We'll see how I feel about this after I have 2 children that won't shut up.  hehe

Last night, K. woke up in the middle of the night again.  I went into his room and he was sitting in his crib with his lovie and bink waiting for me.  As I entered, he very quietly and sweetly said "up".  He is such a sweet guy even at 2:47 am.  However, I didn't oblige, I simply laid down on the floor to get him to lay down as well.  It worked and then I saw his little hand reach out of the crib rungs just wanting to hold mine.  I did oblige to that sweet gesture.  So we laid hand in hand for 30 minutes before I could go back to my room.  I tucked that one in the memory to use on a day when he is 14 and telling me he hates me.

Here is a video of his words.  I think his uuuuuup is super cute but I realize that I'm biased.


No comments:

Post a Comment