Monday, February 6, 2012

princesses



Why is it that little girls love princesses?  I have not led A. towards princesses AT ALL.  I wouldn't say that I pulled her away from them but I definitely have not pushed her towards frilly tutus, wands, or anything Disney.  She watched her first movie the other day and it was Dolphin Tale; she has never seen any Disney movie.  Yet, my child has a favorite princess, wants to name her child Aurora, chose 3 princesses to sit in her prize cabinet until she earns them (3 stupid little dolls and their matching princes for $21.00 eewww), and has already decided to have a fairy birthday party... in 6 MONTHS.
Painting her princess castle that she made to house the princesses that she does not yet own.

her favorite toy, princess dress up dolls send by her god mother


 K. on the other hand pushes a pink grocery cart, has hand me down pink towels, and drinks out of a pink cup.  He loves art supplies and the play kitchen.

Gotta love that kid!

Princesses, embrace them or fight them?

No comments:

Post a Comment