Wednesday, March 16, 2011

thats a lot of poop

"BABY POOPED AGAIN!"  These are the words that I wake up to now on a daily basis.  I also hear them atleast 2 other times during the day.  However, it isn't A. referring to her baby brother, she is referring to her cabbage patch.  Baby Bella is apparently a pooping machine.  This starts an entire routine, which thankfully, has actually shortened in the past few days.  When K. came home, the routine was
1) try to put on gloves just like Ms. Sheila at school though it is impossible to get each finger in the right hole.
2) unsnap each of the 10 snaps on baby's outfit
3) get 2 wipes from the closet
4) find a diaper that we have previously written on (they each must have a name on them just like at school)
4) say, "eeewww baby, your poop is sheeoooweeee"
5) have mommy or daddy hold up baby's legs while she wipes and fastens
6) count each snap as we put them back on
7) use a squirt bottle to clean the changing table

Thankfully, we have now given up the gloves and we're getting much more time efficient.  We also set a limit to 2 times a day.  Prior to this limit, I estimate that between K. and Baby, I was spending atleast 1.5 hours of my day changing diapers.  Thats a lot of poop!

1 comment:

  1. My oh my, how I love your daughter.

    It's a good thing Puppy isn't in on all of this as well. Add him and the real dogs in and wow... that would be a problem!

    ReplyDelete