Sunday, February 27, 2011

presidents

2 pieces of background information before I jump into the story.
1. Last week in honor of President's Day, A.'s school talked about presidents all week.  They had pictures of the George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Obama on the wall.  They colored pictures, and I guess they talked about them during circle time.
2. Each week, we give A. money to "give to Jesus" during the offering at church.  Usually its 2 coins because she thinks its so much better to have 2 things than 1.  In her opinion, 2 pennies are better than 1 dollar.

Today at church, I didn't have any change.  Oh, the horror... Anyway, I gave her a dollar.  She looked at it and said, "Thanks for George Wash.  Can I have Obama too?"  It is a good thing that it was during a song and not a silent prayer because I laughed out loud.  I definitely know that she's paying attention at school!!

1 comment: