Monday, November 15, 2010

how to start

I hate the blogs that I read that start with the entire history of the thought process behind blogging. However, I also don't like the blogs that jump right into a family story; it seems like starting a book in the middle. So, instead, I'll just start with the name and then move onto the story. It seems like a nice compromise.

If I had to categorize each person in our family, I would say that I am the organizer and innovator. My husband is the fun guy. He's just enough of a nerd to be a little quirky yet he is very social and always has something to say. A is just busy. That's all, just busy. So, when I told B that I wanted to do this, he threw out like 10 names using Collins in about 2 minutes. In the mean time, I was looking up blogs about how to name your blog. B, interesting... Me, not so much

Onto the story) This nice little tidbit occurred while getting ready for work/ daycare last week. Mom: dressing A in a simple pull over shirt and pants. A: I want to wear zippers. I love zippers. Mom: "OK"-- this is not a battle that I want to pick. Why not let the 2 year old pick out her clothes? A: "Mommy, you like zippers?" Me: sure, they're nice A: "Daddy like zippers?" Me: I'm not sure that he has an opinion on zippers. A: "text him Mommy" Let me pause here, first of all, how does a 2 year old know about texting. Do we really text so much that she has learned that phrase? So, I text him. "Daddy, A wants to know if you like zippers." A waits patiently in her car seat for an answer (yes, this conversation has lasted through getting dressed and into the car). His response, "Yes, very much. Much more than buttons." My satisfied little 2 year old is now ready for school.

2 comments: