Tuesday, May 27, 2014

speaking of confidence

We are a strict 2 activity at a time family.  I don't have the desire to run my kids everywhere all the time, and I want them to have time to just play.  We've tried to "steer" them to certain activities but they don't really care what I want.  A. still has never tried a team sport no matter how much cajoling and convincing that I've tried.  She has tried swimming,  ice skating, karate, and theater.  She doesn't love anything like she loves singing as loud as she possibly can in front of a crowd.  I have never heard tears like the tears she shed on the way home from a weekend getaway where traffic made us miss play practice.  Not only does my girl have enough confidence to raise her hand in class, she literally steals the show.

Flower #5 had 2 lines.  Each line required her to be directly in front of the microphone.

 

Then, she was to sit back in her spot.  She did each line with such excitement that some people had to duck their heads or cover their ears.  I don't think she really needed the microphone hehe.

 The songs however, she did not have to be by the microphone for those.  In fact, some of them, she wasn't even supposed to dance.  For example, the "weeds" did a nice rap.  The bunny, lettuce, carrots, and all the other flowers were still.  Not my A.  Nope, she danced in the back row the entire time.  No need to waste perfectly good dancing time with standing in the back.
 There were some songs where the entire cast came down off of the risers.  A. being a bit of a tall girl, was supposed to be in the back row.  That is not a good plan for A.  She moved from the back to the front. Then, she adjusted the microphone to her mouth.  
No back row for this girl
 Then, she belted out the song for everyone to hear.  We cringed a few times, but mostly, I beamed with as I listened to the lady behind me talk about the confident girl up front.  Yep, she was loving what she was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment