Sunday, May 25, 2014

confidence

It took me until graduate school to raise my hand in class.  It took me until I was 26 years old to be comfortable in the front row trying to learn.  Regardless, if there is one thing about my girl, she is comfortable in what she knows.  It may always be that B. tells her, "know what you don't know."  It may be because she is too young to wonder if other people find her bothersome or think her questions are stupid.  Whatever, she is totally comfortable asking other people questions.  At home, it's about 400 questions a day.  "Mommy, what are you doing?"  "Mommy, why are peaches yellow?"  "Mommy, whats for dinner?"  "Mommy, what are we doing next?"  "Can we stop to do something special?"  etc. etc. etc.

At church, children's time does not pass by without some comment or question from A.  Today, she let the entire church know that her morning chores are to wipe the table, brush her teeth, get herself dressed, pack her snack, and put her lunch in her back pack.  I'm sure one chore would have sufficed.

On her class field trip, I was amazed at the number of times she raised her hand.  I took only a few pictures that day.  Each one, she happened to be raising her hand to ask or answer a question.

Keep going A!  I think it's awesome.  I will admit that I wanted to push your hand down a few times.  But, I didn't.  I smiled instead because I am so proud of you.  I hope you are always this confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment