Tuesday, February 26, 2013

a beautiful bride

Bear with me while I keep posting about the differences in our new small town life vs. our old suburb life...

Our old routine was that the kids would wake up and watch about 30 mins of TV while eating breakfast so that I could get myself ready.  It didn't matter what time I got downstairs because we had lovely on demand. Fresh Beat Band, Dora, and Doc McStuffins, and Imagination Movers were at our disposal.  Now, our kids have learned the novel concept that TV starts at a certain time and you don't get to pick what you want.  A.'s  new favorite show is... our wedding video.  She can start that whenever she wants (well when we let her) and there are people in it that she knows.  I think she has watched it about 10 times in the past 2 months.  The first time she dramatically said, "Mom, do you see the tears that are coming out of my eyes right now?"  A friend asked her who her favorite princess is and she said, "Abby" (Abby was our flower girl).  When it gets to the point where B. and I dance, she stands up and dances with K.  In other words, she has definitely gotten more out of the wedding video than when I used to have to beg B. to watch it with me on our anniversary and one or the other of us would fall asleep.

Since A. is so into our wedding and since we now have storage in our basement, I had my mom bring my wedding dress back to our house.  I think it might have been the best day of her life.    





No comments:

Post a Comment