Friday, April 22, 2011

the first hour

Today's little tidbit is just a glimpse into the first hour of my morning...
7:00 (this is actually really late for A)- A stumbles into my room and then says, "where's K" then jumps on my bed.  K is actually nursing in my bed and she almost jumps on him.
7:05- A goes into the bathroom then asks for new "nighnights" because her current ones are shorts and she is cold. 
7:06- I go get her underwear and footie pajamas to go downstairs and eat breakfast. I happen to mention that K has nighnights in the same pattern.  She immediately wants to put them on and take a picture.
7:10- I'm changing K and he throws up so I decide to give him a bath
7:15- I'm letting the water get warm and filling up his tub while holding naked K.  He poops... thankfully I am holding him over the toilet so he magically begins his potty training at 6 weeks of age. 
7:20- A is helping me with the bath and is washing "baby mo" when she falls into the tub and gets her nighnights wet... disaster.  I get her cleaned up and go to take my shower... K is quiet in his bouncy seat
7:40- I'm getting dressed and I hear K poop.  Yes, I hear him b/c his poops are louder than old man farts
7:45- I'm changing K and he pees in a large arc which surprisingly lands on A's head.  Disaster again...
I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of the morning's poop and pee saga and she is crying b/c she has pee in her hair.  To the shower she goes...

8:00- we finally take this stupid picture and all is well...

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read this after sharing it with a friend and am sitting at my desk trying to hold back the laughter. Seriously, life at the Collins household provides much amusement for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete