Tuesday, June 17, 2014

a new era

Well, we are now entering into our 2nd decade of marriage and our 3rd of being a couple.  The crazy thing is, we spent so long dreaming about careers, kids, and owning a home, that we spent our anniversary talking about retirement.  It's our next dream.  Not a bad life to have :)

Before our awesome night out, we bought a .... wait for it.... minivan.  That's right, we now have space for my work stuff and groceries.  We can cart kids to swim team, bible school, and field hockey.  I am a minivan mommy.  

Notice the smile on B's face and the "oh my goodness" look on mine.  That is how this started.  For some reason, me driving a minivan is hilarious and perfect to my lovely husband.  I spent the first 2 days being unsure and smirking to myself every time that I left a patient's home.  Now, I hate to admit... I love it. 


2nd week of having a minivan and I drove the first carpool.  I was actually really excited.  I know, ridiculous.  But, having 4 kiddos in my back seat chatting away and then bursting into a random rendition of "Let It Go" could not make me any happier.  If I had not driven that night, I would have been unaware of my daughter's amazing water powers.  She spent the entire way to swim team telling the others that she can control water.  Apparently, she is able to make the water move as she wants.  She can make the water come into little bubbles on her hands.  Her friend K. gave the water powers to her and she may be able to pass them on to the other swim team girls.  She isn't sure yet.  I guess I will have to hold my breath to find out.  I can't wait until the next swim practice to continue the story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment